Saturday, March 15, 2008

Vince McMahon: Hollywood Star


KNBC's Website out of Los Angeles reports on the raucous ceremony involving Vince McMahon's Hollywood Walk of Fame star. According to the site, it was the 2,357th star given to a celebrity or personality, with Vince's star being given for the television category. Vince's son, Shane, as well as longtime family friend, son-in-law/wrestler, Triple H, were also on hand for the big moment in the chairman's career. Believe it or not, during his speech, Triple H had many kind and complimentary words for his boss, father-in-law, and the guy who makes his WWE life a living hell at times. Nonetheless, Vince continued to display why he's the biggest and baddest star there is when it comes to sports entertainment and the business of pro wrestling.

From KNBC.com:

He said he would accept "this honorable and extraordinary gift" on behalf "of every WWE fan in the world," both "this generation and prior generations, all the way back those who probably were your grandfathers and grandmothers who watched when television was first created" and the WWE wrestlers, "without which none of this would be possible," and wrestlers of the past, singling out the flamboyant 1950s star Gorgeous George "who truly understood what" television "is all about."

"But most importantly, I'd like to thank me," McMahon said, shifting into the persona familiar to the public, and drawing cheers. "All those thank yous I said a few minutes ago, I didn't mean a word of it. I'm not really so sure what this award means. It's a star. I already know I'm a star. I'm the biggest star in the whole planet.

"They're going to put this star on the sidewalk where people walk. You realize how many people in this world wanted to walk on me, how many wanted to step on me? Now they're going to step on my star. There are going to be people lined up around the block and take their heels and rub it on my star. And God forbid they're going to be walking a dog at the same time.


See the full article at KNBC: Pro Wrestling Magnate Honored With Walk Of Fame Star

Labels: , , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-