Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lilian Garcia Leaving WWE Update


Last night on Raw came the sad news that longtime announcer Lilian Garcia is leaving WWE. The beautiful in-ring diva was part of the company for 10 years, singing the national anthem prior to events, introducing celebrity hosts, introducing wrestlers and announcing winners. She's held a major spot in the sports entertainment world and it's clear she will be missed by the WWE Universe.

Prior to the main event on Raw, commentator Jerry Lawler announced to the fans it would be Lilian Garcia's final appearance on the show. Lilian delivered a teary-eyed speech to thank the fans for their support and spoke of the honor it was to be part of this WWE adventure for ten years.

Lilian posted this note on her official website several months ago:

Hi Everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well! I am writing to address the situation in which WWE is looking for a Female Ring Announcer/Singer. The truth of the matter is that they are looking for someone new because I have given them my notice that I will be leaving at the end of my contract this year. It is with a heavy heart that I have made this decision because WWE has been my family from day one and you, the WWE Universe have always been incredible to me. The fact is that I am getting married later this year and have decided to enter into a new phase of my life but I will truly miss all of you and the WWE tremendously.

Love you all & keep rockin!

Forever Rockin',
Lilian


As for her replacement, it was reported that WWE was looking for a suitable replacement who was young, attractive, could sing the national anthem and take over as ring announcer. As of late June, Angela Fong (backstage reporter Savannah on ECW) was attending Raw house shows and working as the ring announcer.

As for Lilian leaving the WWE, the gorgeous diva definitely had a fun-filled pro-wrestling career. Being an announcer didn't come without the usual WWE action for Lilian, as she's been thrown into a pudding pool, stripped of her skirt by Bobby Lashley, pursued romantically by Viscera, and even fought fellow announcer Howard Finkel in a tuxedo match, which she won. Many fans might have liked to see Lilian get more involved in the wrestling action, but were content seeing her standing in the ring for each match on Raw.

Lilian posted the following thank you messages to her Twitter profile last night, which include a link to a pic of her and the Raw divas in the locker room:

At airport waiting to board my flight to Little Rock, AK. Feeling a little emotional knowing it's my last day on Raw. Will miss everyone!!

Thk u so much 4 all ur luv & support! Tonight was tough 4 me & I will miss u but all good. Thks to the Divas too! http://twitpic.com/io6u1


Best wishes to Lilian Garcia in all her future endeavors, she will be sorely missed by all WWE fans for her excellent work in the WWE.

(Source: wrestlingnewsworld.com)

Check out sexy Lilian Garcia Bikini pics!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-