Saturday, September 1, 2007

Rock Discusses WWE Issues


Former WWE star, The Rock, gave his thoughts to Fox Sports about the Benoit tragedy as well as the recent WWE Suspensions and more.

From FoxSports.com:

"I was blown away," Johnson said. "I had a chance to work with Chris on many occasions. He was a great guy and I knew his wife very well. The guy I knew wasn't the guy who committed these heinous crimes.

"I've stopped trying to figure it out because Chris had wiring that allowed him to do that where anybody who was sane couldn't fathom doing that."

Johnson, who is officially retired from wrestling, said he didn't take steroids during his nine years (1996 to 2004) with the WWE. Johnson, who wrestled with the WWE before the promotion enacted a steroid testing policy, did admit to briefly using them with unsatisfactory results entering his freshman year as a University of Miami football player in the early 1990s.

"I always joke about it because nothing happened," said Johnson, who played collegiately as a 6-foot-4, 270-pound defensive lineman. "I had no idea what I was doing. I was probably taking Advil or something like it because it seemed like there were no changes. I didn't understand what it was all about and that UM had drug testing all the time.

"When I got in the wrestling business, I never cared about being the biggest guy. I just wanted to be the most entertaining."


Read the full Fox Sports interview with The Rock here.

The Rock's new movie, "The Game Plan", a Disney film, is set for release on September 28th in theaters.

Labels: , , , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-