Monday, November 17, 2008

Matt Hardy's Updates on UK Injury


Matt Hardy has updated his blog for today November 17th with details of an injury he sustained during the WWE's tour of the United Kingdom last week. Matt begins by informing us that he is now #1 on the WWE's Power 25 List. Matt's also been quite busy as the reigning ECW champion as he states he's been involved in all sorts of media appearances, autograph shows, wrestling events and interviews. As for his injury, it appears Matt hurt his knee (the one he previously had work done on) during his ECW title defense against Finlay. The incident occurred live at the UK ECW taping, but was during a TV commercial on Sci-Fi.

The following is from Matt Hardy's Myspace blog:

I had a nearly 25 minute match against Finlay for the ECW Title. Check out the closing moments HERE.. I fortunately retained the ECW Championship in a hard-hitting, fantastic match against the veteran Irishman. Unfortunately, something none of you at home witnessed-because it happened during a commercial break period-was me painfully hyper-extending my surgically repaired left knee. I continued that match without acknowledging it to anyone but knew I had hurt it. After the match, I was examined and diagnosed with a slightly torn PCL and stretched ligaments in the back of my knee. I could finished the tour out, but had to do some major treatment, wrapping and bracing of my knee. And by the way, I thought going into this day I had tomorrow off because it was a Smackdown only taping. I find out at the end of the night I'm needed tomorrow for both episodes of Smackdown. I guess that's what you get for being a WORKHORSE, HA! Now I already have the stress of an extremely hard trip plus a knee injury. Welcome to the wrestling business boys and girls.


Hardy goes on to report he was in excruciating pain the next day and did as much as he could to treat his injury so he could wrestle. The good news is that Matt was back in action on Smackdown in a match against United States Champion Shelton Benjamin, and he will also be featured in a tag team match on this week's Smackdown. The bad news is Matt reported on his blog he was in complete agony during the whole time he wrestled Shelton. Last thing Matt needs is to be out with a serious injury by trying to do too much. Let's wish Matt's knee a healthy and speedy recovery so he can continue to carry the ECW title and wrestle!

Read Matt Hardy's Myspace blog here.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-