Sunday, February 22, 2009

CBS Evening News talks to Ric Flair


ric flair with cbs evening news

Several days ago, prior to Mickey Rourke heading to the Oscar awards for "The Wrestler, "CBS Evening News' Jeff Glor interviewed legendary wrestler, the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Flair is considered one of the models for Rourke's character in the movie. The interview is a touching recollection by Flair of the glory of his career as well as its pitfalls. Flair also discusses the wrestling business and how people really don't understand the mental and physical aspect of the punishment wrestlers take all the time.

At one point in the talk, Flair says he's ready to go (in the ring again) but then says how really he still loves just being part of the Raw show, but doesn't think he wants to wrestle so much. Flair discusses his commitment to the wrestling business and how he would put on a show no matter how skilled his opponent was or wasn't.

At the CBS Evening news site there's a video interview as well as written. Here's an excerpt from the written interview:

"I walked out the door I knew I had 'em once I was standing here," Flair told Glor standing in one of the wrestling rings he once ruled. "Bingo. Any woman I wanted just like that. You, honey!"

His 36-year career has been defined by hard blows and hard living. A 16-time heavyweight champion, Flair has been divorced three times. He has made, and lost, a fortune.

But today, at 59, he's still "the nature boy."

"Wooo! This is what I do if I'm lonely at night," Flair said, modeling one of his robes. "I put my robe on and I walk around."

"I'm not sure I can think of anybody who has put more miles on his body, literally and figuratively," Glor said.

"There's nobody alive," said Flair. "I bleed like nobody else."


Flair also talks about his closest friends in the business and what he enjoys watching about WWE these days, his retirement, as well as several other topics (like where his "WOOOO!" originated). It's a great interview worth watching via the link below. (11 minutes long)

Read the full interview with Ric Flair here

OR

Watch the 12 minute interview here.

Labels: , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-