Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Rock to Host Wrestlemania 27


That's right, The Rock has returned...to the WWE Universe! The most electrifying man in sports entertainment made a huge arrival on Monday Night Raw's latest episode, and was introduced as the special guest host for Wrestlemania 27. Rock launched into a classic promo after several moments of fanfare, applause, and chants for "The Great One." He also called out one John Cena, leading many to wonder what will go down at WM27.

Rock mentioned the one guy he thought was cool as he was leaving WWE, but then noted this guy was talking about him when he left. Of course, many folks know that John Cena started as "The Prototype" and also had the early heel rap gimmick in his career. It's quite possible Cena mentioned Rock in some of his rap dis lyrics or something like that during the heel days. Either way, that sort of "call out" will ignite fans, and has done so on Twitter.

Speaking of Twitter, The Rock has an account now here. He's also got a Facebook account just recently started. No pictures of a shined up laptop and Cole's Candy ass on there quite yet.

So what's in store for the WWE Universe, John Cena and Wrestlemania 27? Below are some interesting answers The Rock gave in a special WWE.com live chat after RAW went off the air Monday.

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON:
Because I felt the time was right to so something special. Not only can I feed my own need and desire to perform. More importantly than that, do something special for you WWE fans.

On his favorite Wrestlemania matches:


DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON:
My favorite WrestleMania matches of all time were Icon vs. Icon in Toronto vs. Hulk Hogan and vs. Steve Austin in the Houston Astrodome. Both of those matches will go down as two of most memorable. I had the honor of working with two titans of WWE.

On what Cena said that made Rock angry:

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON:
John Cena said a variety of things that came across my desk which at first I thought was interesting and then I felt was laughable because the comments really didn't make any sense to me. To be clear, not that they ever make me mad. I just thought the comments were an interesting choice of things to say.

On how Cena will react to Rock calling him out:

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON:
I don't know how John Cena will react to my comments. I don't know him so I can't speak as to how he will respond.

On what Rock missed most besides the fans:

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON:
The thing I've missed most is the indescribible moment that was tonight. The culmination of the fans, their energy, my energy, my desire to entertain them and their endless desire to be entertained.

Corey Clayton (WWE.com):
Many fans are asking about your role as Host of WrestleMania. In the past, guest hosts of Raw have made matches, changed stipulations, and even got "hands-on" ... Question: How "active" of a Host do you plan to be for WrestleMania XXVII?

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON:
My goal is to create an incredible show. The guys have prepared for this night all year and they are going to put on incredible wrestling matches and I am there to not only support their matches but work with the great WWE production team and put on an electrifying show. That means I will be backstage and in the ring creating unforgettable and iconic WrestleMania moments.

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON:
Hey Joshua. I got the name The Rock in 1998 when my original wrestling name was Rocky Maivia and we decided to condense it into The Rock.

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON:
The platforms of social media are fantastic. I started facebook seven months ago and I started twitter tonight. The facebook platform is one I'm very proud of because it has been inspiring, funny, entertaining and motivating. What I'm most proud of is that anyone can come to the page and not only read my posts but read posts from people all over the world and that's a really cool thing.
Monday February 14, 2011 11:52 DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON
11:52

The Fink:
Hi, Rock, and welcome back During your seven year hiatus from WWE, how much "itchiness" did you have from being away from the product that you love so much,??

JRsBBQ:
Dwayne Johnson's classic 'Rock' promo 2nite on RAW was the best thing on RAW in recent memory. Young wrestlers hopefully paid attention. [via Twitter]
Monday February 14, 2011 11:53 JRsBBQ
11:53

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON:
I've also seen your comments on facebook.com/wwe and that that is inspiring and entertaining because WWE fans are passionate and loyal and I was priveleged to entertain you all for many years. Goodnight everyone.
Monday February 14, 2011 11:53 DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON

Labels: , , , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-