Saturday, October 13, 2007

WWE Superstar Tattoos


During the early days of WWF before it became today's WWE you barely say any tatoo body art expression on any wrestlers. Most wrestlers had that clean and chiseled look, with the exceptions of guys like Kamala, King Kong Bundy and George Steele. These days, tattoos have become prevalent amongst WWE wrestlers, with examples such as former WWE star, the Rock, who has a large tattoo from his chest to his shoulder and on his arm. Batista has a very large and noticeable back tattoo. And there's many more examples of tattooed wrestlers. It's always interesting to hear the stories on how they chose their designs and what inspired them. WWE.com now features the stories of many superstars' tattoos. Profiled on the new section of WWE.com is Jeff Hardy's tattoo story:

"“I look at tattoos as a commitment to life,” said Jeff Hardy, who has spent between 50 and 60 hours in a tattoo chair. “The roots that weave up my right arm and onto my neck are my way of connecting with the earth: the earth’s roots carry water like a human’s veins carry blood. I thought it’d be something different besides tribal, you know a lot of guys have tribal [bands].”

The Japanese writing on Hardy’s right arm means “health – good or bad – but hopefully good,” he said. “I got the dragon on my leg when I was still living with my dad. He’s not a fan of tattoos so I had to get it behind his back; he kind of freaked out when he saw it.” "

These sorts of background stories always are interesting to read as they provide us with even more insight into the lives and histories of favorite wrestlers. Check out more of the wrestler tattoo stories including Randy Orton, Shannon Moore, Santino Marella and Mr. Kennedy here at WWE.com.

Labels: , , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-