Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Retirement for WWE Diva Torrie?


For months now, diva Torrie Wilson has been absent from her regular appearances on the Smackdown show, due to back problems. It now appears that WWE Diva Torrie Wilson may not be seen in the wrestling ring again, unless it's for a promotional appearance or photo shoot. AZ's National Ledger has the following update which Torrie recently posted for the fans.

From National Ledger:


Now, Torrie has posted an updated on her condition. She writes: "My health is doing ok as far as back problems. I must say there are days that I wake up and ask myself why the heck I put my body through what I did the last few years but it's all worth it. I can never trade all of the awesome experiences that I have had in the WWE and of course all of the great lifelong friends that I have made along the way. I have been told by 2 back surgeons that I should never set foot in a wrestling ring again if I want to be moving around in a few years on my own. Pretty depressing if you ask me....I don't even have some awesome memory of what my last match even was or who it was with. Hopefully it was with Victoria and I beat her! (-: I guess everything happens for a reason for sure."

It is expected that World Wrestling Entertainment will still keep Torrie under contract for personal appearances and perhaps even photo shoots with the other divas. Wilson joined WWE in 2001 as part of Vince McMahon's pennies-on-the-dollar purchase of World Championship Wrestling (WCW) and AOL Time Warner. Long time McMahon foe Ted Turner was already out of power, retaining a Vice Chairman position in title only.



Source WWE Diva Torrie Wilson Looks to Retire?

This is unfortunate news for the WWE diva division, as Torrie has been a longtime fan favorite diva appearing in the corners of wrestlers like Jimmy Wang Yang, Ric Flair and Carlito. She's also been part of some great diva contests and feuds, but never held the Women's title which is strange to say. Torrie seemed like a decent candidate for it at least once after the very popular Trish Stratus left WWE.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-