Monday, April 13, 2009

JBL Blogs about Retirement


The last the WWE Universe saw of John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL) was on Sunday April 5, 2009 as he lost his Intercontinental Title to Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania 25. JBL lost the match in under a half a minute, and after Mysterio was done celebrating his title victory in the ring, a disappointed JBL got into the ring to promptly announce "I Quit!" before leaving the ring. JBL was not seen or heard from following those words, until now. JBL recently posted a blog over at WWE Universe in which he discusses his retirement. Here's some of what JBL had to say:

My first Monday off in about 18 years, at least off at night and not due to injury. Really excited about just being a fan again. Looking forward to watching the draft tonight and seeing what is going to happen. There is always a surprise or two in these things, so should be a fun night of WWE viewing for me.

I heard rumors that I left on bad terms with the WWE, could not be further from the truth. In fact, I don't think I could have left on better terms. My wife not being at Mania had something to do with the fact that she is busy with her company, and in case you hadn't noticed a huge financial meltdown in the world.

My time was awesome, and I said you can never say never. But I am on to the next chapter in my life, I will always be a WWE supporter no matter where I am.


JBL goes on to discuss supporting his friend and fellow WWE superstar Charlie Haas' nutrition website as well as JBL's radio show, which he now can devote more time to. Apparently, things didn't end sour for JBL and WWE, and as always we may see him resurface as a commentator or manager of some sort. As for income, JBL has plenty of other products, companies and endeavors to fall back on, ranging from his sports energy drink to stock trading. Read JBL's full blog entry at WWEUniverse.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-