Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tommy Dreamer the ECW Original


Miami Herald takes a look at current ECW superstar Tommy Dreamer. The article discusses Dreamer's role behind the scenes with WWE and why fans have come to love him as an ECW original. Dreamer's still going extreme at 37 years of age, giving it his all in the ring on ECW every Tuesday night.

Here's an excerpt from The Miami Herald:

``I love being creative. I was beyond hands-on in the original ECW. When we had the 2-05 pay-per-view, I wrote that whole thing, and Vince McMahon said I want it to be different, and he got different. It did amazing buy rates, the DVDs. Vince has to go with his heart and his gut, and he's a very successful businessman.''

Dreamer, standing 6-2 and weighing 255, has experience as a wrestler, booker, office associate, trainer and color commentator. He is also a family man.

'Would I like to be behind the scenes now? I love doing any task given to me. I am very, very creative. I love writing stories. I'm an artist, mentally. You can not ask me to paint a picture like, `Hey Dreamer, go paint me the Mona Lisa' and then last minute go put sunglasses on the Mona Lisa because that's not the Mona Lisa. It has to be my vision, and you got to trust me, and if you don't like my vision, then fire me.

``That's something for maybe down the line. I still love being in that ring. I love seeing the progression of ECW, and I'm on an amazing, amazing ride. I've been wrestling since I'm 19. I'm 37, and this is my second WrestleMania. Last year it was awesome. I was there with my friends, my family, and I'm here again this year, and I'm riding this as long as I can, until my body totally says no more.''


The article goes on to discuss Dreamer's personal life as well as his thoughts about how ECW has changed. Read the entire article on Tommy Dreamer at Miami Herald.

Labels: , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-