Friday, February 13, 2009

Cena Discusses The Rock & More


Several days ago, Baltimore Sun Ring Posts author Kevin Eck posted an interview piece entitled "Q&A with John Cena". In the phone interview, Cena discusses his upcoming action movie "12 Rounds", his thoughts on Mickey Rourke's acting role in The Wrestler, as well as how he and Randy Orton used to work together in Ohio Valley Wrestling. Also of interest, Cena discussed his previous comments regarding The Rock heading to Hollywood and not giving back to the WWE wrestling business.

Here's an excerpt of Cena's comments regarding The Rock:

Kevin Eck (Ring Posts): Since we’re on the subject of movies: About a year ago, there were quotes from you in The Sun (U.K.) in which you were critical of The Rock for not giving back to the business after he made it in Hollywood. Do you still feel that way? Did the two of you talk about the article in The Sun at all when he was at the Hall of Fame ceremony last year?

John Cena: No. I don’t want to say that you misread it; I may have been misquoted. What I actually said, and I’ll stand true to it to this day, I don’t even care, is that here’s a guy who, when he was with the WWE, pounded his chest that he really loved the WWE, and that wasn’t the truth. The truth is that Dwayne Johnson is a great actor and I think always wanted to be an actor, and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s like an athlete saying, “Hey, I don’t do drugs,” and then getting busted for drugs. It’s not the truth. I mean here’s a guy who said he was WWE through and through, and then the first chance to take a road to a different career path, he took it. There’s nothing wrong with that. Dwayne’s one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. He’s one of the hardest workers you’ll ever meet, and he certainly is a great actor. The roadblock that I have, because I certainly am in love with this business and I don’t see myself leaving it any time, is when someone says that and then leaves, it cheapens our business. If he’s going to say that, then back your word. That’s the only beef that I have and that’s what I told the people at The U.K. Sun. It just cheapens that phrase: “Oh, I love this business.” So then next time I come up and say I love this business, well, the guy before me who said that left. That doesn’t look good for me or our business.


Cena goes on to discuss how he feels about the way his character is currently portrayed including fan reactions and his chances of turning heel again. You can read Kevin Eck's full Q&A with John Cena here.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-