Saturday, July 5, 2008

PNJ Interviews Smackdown's MVP


The Pensacola News Journal out of Florida has a recent article about Smackdown's Montell Vontavius Porter. The article provides an in-depth interview which gives more insight into the longest reigning US Champion, and cocky heel of Smackdown. Here's a brief excerpt in which MVP discusses the recent WWE draft and how it helped Smackdown.

Q: How did the draft change the face of the game?

A: We have an excellent lineup (for Smackdown). We lost Batista, but gained Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Kennedy. Our lineup is stronger than ever. We added an icon of the industry and some of the hottest people in the game — behind me, of course.

It's been interesting to see how people have moved around. I think this put serious equity in the draft overall.

Q: What new challenges are ahead as a result of the draft?

A: New challenges for me ... my challenge is the same. I'm still the longest reigning United States Champion in the history of the WWE. When I relinquished my vice-like grip on the title, it was with the intention of becoming a world champion. With the addition of the new stars, it makes my job more interesting. But I'm half-man, half-amazing, so I will always rise to the top.


Read the full interview with MVP here. (Source: Pensacola News Journal)

Labels: , , ,

Contact Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Receive Wrestling updates - Enter your email address:




-BLANK-